Self Catering Cotswold Holiday Cottage Accommodation in Shipton-under-Wychwood
Shipton under Wychwood was established around Shipton Court, the estate of the Lacey family. The parish church of St. Mary has a tower of circa 1200-1250 and a 15th century vaulted porch. It contains a 15th century stone pulpit, a large font of the same period and a Tudor wall monument. The village is in an area of outstanding natural beauty and has been voted the best kept Cotswold village in Oxfordshire. The Shaven Crown Hotel on the village green is one of the ten oldest inns in the country, with a tradition of hospitality dating back more than 700 years.